Fishing FUN! (and a little stewardship)
This tournament will serve as a training ground for young anglers and aspiring environmentalists and will allow for the further development of local angling opportunities for youth participants. This tournament series will provide a gathering place for youth and professionals who are passionate about the aquatic resources and angling. Youth anglers will have an opportunity to meet other youth anglers, local guides, aspiring professional fishermen and active fisheries biologists and engineers.
This tournament and all its participants and volunteers will follow the Arroyo Fishing Tournament Series code of conduct: “We act with honesty and adhere to the highest standards of moral and ethical values and principals through our personal and professional behavior.”
|2017 Bounty Bowl Fish Status|
|Name||Species||Length (in)||Weight (lbs)||Lake||Status|
|The Hulk||Largemouth Bass||20.5||4.67||Linebarger||Free|
To raise funds to develop and enhance angling opportunities for local youth anglers in the Central Texas area. Proceeds from the tournament will be used to enhance local fishing ponds/lakes and secure public and/or private venues for tournament events.
Arroyo fisheries biologists will work with local pond/lake owners to develop management strategies for their water bodies. These management strategies will serve to enhance fishing habitat and the overall fisheries of these water bodies. Water body owners must agree to make their water body available for the tournament trail for at least three years. Individual management strategies will vary based on local owner preferences, but these fisheries enhancements should be beneficial to both the tournament participants and the water body owner.
Contact Us to join the FUN!
Contact us now if you:
- Would love to share your lake with excited youth and families looking for places to fish
- Have a lake on your property that needs some TLC
**Note: Lake owners agree to hold at least one annual tournament for 3 years.
- HAVE FUN!
- Catch & Release only.
- All participants aged 17+ must provide a valid Texas Freshwater Fishing License (purchase licenses through Texas Parks & Wildlife: tpwd.texas.gov).
- All anglers agree to not pre-fish any tournament water body 7 days prior to the tournament.
- Participants will be issued a wristband and only those with wristbands will be permitted to fish in the lake during this tournament. All spectators MUST remain 20 feet away from the water’s edge. Any pre-tournament strategy discussion must end before the tournament begins. When the horn sounds for all to start fishing, we start fishing!
- One pole per person at a time and from the bank only (no wade fishing). No nets permitted.
- Any participant caught using a non-participant “partner” to cast, land or assist in any way will be disqualified from the tournament and ejected from the park.
- When a qualifying fish has been caught, participant must alert the nearest tournament official while keeping the fish in nearshore water. The official will record the fish species, the time the first fish is caught and the points for the catch.
- Points will be awarded for the qualifying fish:
- 0.1 points will be awarded for each tenth of an ounce. For example: A qualifying fish caught weighs in at 1lb, 4.2 ounces (20.2 total ounces) will receive a score of 20.2.
- Final results are based on the combined weight (total points) of two qualifying fish.
- All ties among anglers will share the respective prize money and split points.